There were fresh lemons from a friend’s backyard), a bottle of Limoncello and of course there is always vodka. Thought of sprucing up the lazy weekday night by mixing these up into Lime-Limoncello Martinis… It’s a mix of sweet and tangy and it’s pretty refreshing as cocktails go.
These Lime-Limoncello Martinis have a lovely yellow hue to it that, made me happy just by looking at it. Here is the recipe to make this citrus sweet martinis which are nothing but an alcoholic lemonade.
If you like summery cocktails loaded with berry flavors, check out these cocktails – Strawberry Mojito,
- 1½ oz Vodka. (I used regular Greygoose Vodka)
- 1½ oz Limoncello (I used the Pallini brand from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 2 tsp simple syrup or use sweetener like Agave
- Thin lemon slice, for garnishing the glasses
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and add vodka, limoncello, lemon juice and simple syrup. Shake well and strain into prepared glass.
NOTE: Limoncello can be made at home. If you have plenty of lemons harvested from your trees, you should definitely give it a try. For the brave and willing, here is the recipe to make it at home.
- 10 lemons
- 1 liter vodka
- 3 cups white sugar
- 4 cups water
- Zest the lemons, and place zest into a large glass bottle or jar. Pour in vodka. Cover loosely and let infuse for one week at room temperature.
- After one week, combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. DO NOT STIR. Boil for 15 minutes. Allow syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Stir vodka mixture into syrup. Strain into glass bottles, and seal each bottle with a cork. Let mixture age for 2 weeks at room temperature.
PIN for Later: