For these ultra-rich, ultra-decadent fudgy brownies, I use a simple and a run-of-the-mill recipe. Dark Chocolate Brownies are the go-to dessert in my family whenever we need a chocolate fix or we need something to tame our fussy toddler with.
Just last weekend, we tried something really really fun. We made Dark Chocolate Brownies Ice Cream Sandwiches. Super fun and super yum. Telling you readers, you MUST try these BROWNIE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES.
Another fun twist on brownies is to add some crunches on the brownies without using any nuts but ramen noodles. I crushed some ramen noodles on top of the brownies while baking them and it gave a beautiful addictive texture to the brownies. So, here is the RAMEN NOODLES BROWNIES, My readers.
Some prefer to enjoy their brownies with a swig of milk, some like it a tad warmed up topped with vanilla ice-cream and some like it as-is with coffee. And, that’s me. A generous square of a dark brownie with a steaming cup of black coffee is all I need. If the idea that a little dark chocolate every day keeps you happy, these babies could be your therapy at a hand’s reach.
Oh! Brownies were first developed in the USA. So here we go – It’s an all American dessert.
Here is how I make them and yes, the better the quality of dark chocolate you use, the better the result
I’m adding two recipes for these brownies here. With EGGS and WITHOUT EGGS. I received a lot of comments from readers to include an EGGLESS BROWNIES recipe. Your wish, my command, my lovely readers.
Recipe 1 – EGGLESS DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pre-heat oven to 325F/180C. Line 8×8” square baking pan with foil. Grease and flour. Keep aside.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and keep aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, add butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Microwave for 20 seconds then stir, do this two times or until the chocolate chips are melted.
- In a blender, add sugar, melted chocolate chips with butter (after it cools), vanilla, and water. Blend until smooth in texture.
- Add the previous mixture to flour and gently mix (for few seconds). Pour batter in baking pan.
Recipe 2 – DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES (WITH EGGS)
- Soft butter, for greasing the pan
- Flour, for dusting the buttered pan
- 1 2/3 cups dark chocolate chips. (Try to go for a good brand and aim for the cocoa content to be 60%) – I used Ghirardelli.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water or dark coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt chocolate chips in a saucepan for a minute, stirring after to see if chips have melted.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking soda until combined.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, sugar and oil until combined.
- Add water and vanilla extract.
- Add to the dry mixture to the wet mixture and melted chocolate chips.
- Stir until combined.
- Stir in 1 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased square pan. Bake for 35 minutes.