Alright, before the mango season is over, I owe my mango lover friends another boozy beverage – a yum and cool Mango Margarita. Personally, I’m not a fan of Margaritas, but I like it, if it’s made with fresh berries or fresh fruits and served chilled, NOT FROZEN or BLENDED. But either way, its supposed to be a hit and you can never go wrong…, after all, It’s booze!
I was pretty happy the way my Mango Margarita turned out. The mangoes were exceptionally sweet for a change and the freshness and the sweetness of the mangoes definitely add an extra kick (as if you needed more of a kick after all that tequila that’s been added 😉 )
I like all my cocktails made simple. Well, with an exception to Mojitos, of course. For this Mango Margarita one, all you need are, a handful of your basic ingredients –Fresh Mangoes. (If you think, peeling and juicing them too much work, then go for store bought mango Juice but good quality ones please), Tequila, Orange liquor, and some lime juice.
I invariably always add some soda water in my cocktails. Even in this one.
So combine everything in a cocktail shaker and shake it up real good. Yes, It’s definitely a blenderless margarita and It may not be the conventional way, but that’s how I roll. Let’s not forget, I’m always time crunched.
So, I repeat –
- 4 ounces tequila – I used, Milagro
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 4 ounces mango juice
- 1 ounce orange liqueur – I used Cointreau
- 2 ounce soda water – Use Mango flavored soda if you have it available.
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 cup regular salt on a small plate
- Add the tequila, lime juice, mango juice and orange liqueur to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake for about 10 seconds until mixture is chilled.
- Run the lime wedge around the rim of a glass then gently press the glass into the plate Coat the rim well with salt.
- Fill that glass with ice then pour the margarita carefully into the glass. Add the soda water to get some fizz.