- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 8 oz container Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups COLD whipping cream
- Combine the cream cheese and mascarpone cheese in the bowl. Beat them up until it’s creamy and smooth.
- Add the sifted sugar and blend into the cheeses
- Gradually add the COLD heavy whipping cream. Turn the speed up to medium and whisk just until the frosting comes together and is spreadable. Do not over-whip!
- Put the whole bowl of frosting in the fridge or freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up a bit before frosting the cake.