OKAY!! I love my wine. There is nothing like relaxing with a glass of Pinot after a long day at work. Wine is good for you.., but no-wine is even better for you. I have given up on alcohol for next two months and, honestly speaking, I don’t miss it at all.., but then I’m not a frequent drinker. I enjoy a glass of wine once a week and some citrusy cocktails here and there. So, no wonder the absence of alcohol means anything.
Me and my friends arplanningng a girls only trip to Vegas in March. So when we were booking our tickets.., their first question to me was – “Aish, you won’t drink even in Vegas?”..,but then you really don’t have to douse yourself with alcohol to have fun, right? So, we will see about Vegas.
So, now that I don’t reach for that bottle of wine on Friday evenings.., what I drink then? I make myself fun mocktails. They taste amazingly good and I don’t even feel the absence of alcohol in them. My latest favorite is smashing some fresh berries in tonic water and that tastes divine. And this Pineapple Jalapeno Mocktail has to be the second favorite for only one reason – I LOVE Grilled Pineapple and I can’t stress this enough. When you grill the fresh pineapple, it caramelizes the sugars and intensity the sweetness. And then when you muddle a bit of Jalapeno with the grilled pineapple, the heat from Jalapeno adds the right amount of spiciness and it tastes oh-so-good.
In this recipe, I have used store bought Dole Pineapple Juice and to sweeten my mocktail, I have used agave. Go ahead adjust the sweetness as you prefer.
- 4-5 pieces of small pineapple pieces
- 1 Jalapeno
- Few Cilantro leaves
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice (I used Dole Pineapple Juice)
- 1/2 chilled sparkling water or soda
- 1 TSP Sugar or agave (optional to adjust sweetness)
- Preheat the grill and spray some oil on it. If you don’t have a grill, use a cast iron pan.
- Place the pineapple pieces on the grill and grill approximately 1 to 2 minutes on each side
- In a small mixing bowl, Muddle a few pineapple pieces, a small piece of Jalapeno, some Lemon Juice, a few cilantro leaves and agave for a few minutes to release the flavors
- Divide the muddled mixture into serving glasses.
- Add ice cubes followed by Pineapple juice and then top with sparkling water or soda.