Tell me about some healthy alternatives that you have incorporated into your lifestyle, of late. I’ll share about mine.
- I overcame my fear of quinoa and embraced this magical grain with open arms (yes yes, took me like a year to do so..but hey, better late than never, right!!)
- I learned to bake with almond flour and Oh God!! those treats are heavenly. I will be posting recipes soon.
- I learned to bake without butter. Not that I have anything against butter but I like my olive oil better and I like the fact that, Olive oil gives a lighter texture to your cakes. If you don’t believe me try few of my olive oil cakes –
- I also started marinating my sea food and meat with lots of spices and yogurt and went for a method of frying them with very little oil/zero oil.
This Tandoori Fish Tikka is one of my self-created recipes that I have been using for months now. All I do is marinate the fresh fish fillets with Tandoori Masala, yogurt, salt and pepper and using 0 oil.., pan fry them.
I would love to know if any of you went ahead and tried this recipe. Please share some pics if you did.
And as far as serving this Tandoori Fish Tikka is concerned, you can use them whatever way you wish. They will never fail you in taste.
- 1 pound fish fillet cut into pieces – I used Tilapia fillets from Costco
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 2 TBSP paprika (if you want it spicy, use some hot peper flakes). I made mine really spicy
- 1 TSP turmeric
- Salt as per your taste
- 1 TBSP ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 TBSP Tandoori Masala (Readily available in Indian Stores)
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- Marinade the fish with all the ingredients listed above and keep in the refrigerator for couple of hours (minimum 4 to 5 hours). I kept mine marinated overnight
- There are two ways you can make your Tandoori Fish Tikka. Either in the oven or on the stove.
Stove Top Method:
- Heat a flat griddle. If you wish you can brush it with oil. I did not
- Once the griddle or pan is piping hot, add the fish one by one and very carefully.
- Fry the fish on both side for 2 to 3 minutes each on medium to high heat
- Pre-heat over to 375 degree F
- Brush a oven proof pan with little oil and arrange the fish pieces on it. Make sure they don’t touch each other
- Let the fish bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. No need to turn the fish
How to serve:
- You can enjoy these delicious and healthy fish tikka just like that with some hot sauce
- You can use these fish tikkas as the filling for tacos or fish roll
- You can serve these fish tikkas on a bed of rice or quinoa