Gluten Free is the new buzz word, yeah? I see and hear gluten free everywhere I go – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest..everywhere. And of course a big topic of conversation among my health freak friends too.
And, as always, I’m averse to change and it would take a lot of coaxing to make me try something new. And even if I would try something that lies out of my comfort zone, 8 times out of 10, I end up not liking it.
But but, I gave in to almond meal or almond flour. Mainly because, I actually like almonds and I had no problems of trying to bake with it. First I made a banana bread with almond meal and even though it was not as fluffy as I would have preferred, it tasted great nevertheless and that served as my husband’s breakfast bread for a week.
Now that I was hooked, I wanted to bake more with almond meal and I carried on to chocolate banana muffins. The muffins were DELICIOUS. My 4 year old liked them too and that made me happy. The best part is that, these yummy Chocolate-Banana Muffins can be your go-to breakfast muffins if you are in a rush and don’t have time for breakfast. They taste great with black coffee and don’t forget, they are – Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free and Paleo.
These Chocolate-Banana muffins are so easy to make as well. The bananas that I used were very ripe and very sweet, so I added less sugar. You can adjust sugar as per your taste.
- 2 over ripe bananas finely mashed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil or coconut oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 TBSP coconut flour or rice flour (I used coconut flour)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips. I used Ghirardelli brand
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F .
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas, add the sugar and stir.
- Add in the eggs and oil and stir until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined and then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin liners and bake for like 18 to 20 minutes
Pin it for later: