There are plenty of mangoes and strawberries out there, right? This is the season to indulge in fresh berries, fruits and produce. I have gone as organic as possible…especially, when I know that I’m going to eat something in their raw form, I try to buy them organic, like, spinach, berries and fruits.
I usually make a smoothie for breakfast, at least 5 days a week. And nothing can be easier than that. All you do is, throw in fresh fruits and vegetables and blend them. To add sugar or honey or any other sweetener is a personal choice, really.
I usually don’t add any sugar in my smoothies since, the fruits and berries are very sweet to begin with. But when you are making a mango smoothie and its not as sweet as you want it to be, you can go ahead and add some honey to your smoothie. Its healthy and tastes great.
Feel free to add flax seeds or nuts like almonds, pistachios as well. You can make it as healthy as you wish. I added a pinch of turmeric in it. Turmeric is the new wonder spice. no?
Some days, I add non-fat yogurt and some days, I just blend my fruits like that. Both are delicious.
In this Mango-Strawberry-Turmeric Smoothie, I have kept it simple by not adding anything extra. I really didn’t want to dilute the taste of fresh fruits.
For Mango Smoothie
- 2 Cups Chopped Mango (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 TSP Turmeric
- 2 TBSP honey (you can adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste. Go for sugar or agave if you wish)
For Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 Cup Strawberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 TBSP Honey (you can adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste. Go for sugar or agave if you wish)
- Place all the ingredients for Strawberry Smoothie in a blender and blend well.
- Pour it into individual glasses half way
- Place all the ingredients for Mango smoothie in the same blender and blend well
- Fill rest of the glasses with the mango smoothie
- Don’t stir to get that ombre effect.
Pin for Later –