You can’t go wrong with this Chili-Lime-Mango Chicken recipe. The sweetness from the mangoes, the heat from the chilies, the tartness from the lime add loads of flavors to this chicken recipe. Not only that, this is very healthy too. And, don’t forget, gluten-free as well. I used a little bit of wine in the marinade, but it’s totally optional.
This time I got a big box of really ripe, sweet and juicy mangoes from the local store. Getting sweet mangoes is actually a hit and miss, here in Northern California but this time, we got lucky with this box.
I made a few dishes using them. Try the eggless, gelatin free mango mousse recipe if you are in the mood for some easy desserts. There are a few other options for using mangoes in savory, sweet or drinks:
The best part is I’m going to visit Amsterdam and India in 2 weeks and, I can’t wait to enjoy freshly picked ripe mangoes.
For now, here is the recipe for my Chili-Lime-Mango Chicken. All you need for this recipe is:
- one ripe mango
- lime Juice
- few cilantro sprigs
- spicy chilies
- ginger and garlic
- cumin powder
- olive oil, and white wine (pinot grigio).
I can’t emphasize on how easy and simple this recipe is. Basically 3 steps.
- make the marinade
- Marinate the chicken
- Grill or prepare them on stove-top
- 2 lbs.(almost a 1 kg) skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ripe mango – skinned, chopped
- 3 to 4 spicy chilies
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1/4 TSP sea salt
- 1/4 TSP black pepper
- 1/2 TSP to 1tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP minced ginger
- 1/4 cup white wine – Optional
- I TBSP Cumin powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- a bunch of cilantro
- Toppings to garnish – Chili, Cilantro
- Blend everything except for the chicken
- Marinate the chicken with this mixture for overnight or at least 4 to 5 hours
- Heat a little oil in the pan (if you are using the stove top)
- Cook the marinated chicken on each side for 10 to 15 minutes in medium flame until its completely cooked
- If using the grill, grill for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Squeeze any extra lime juice on top and garnish with extra chili flakes, chopped cilantro and enjoy with your favorite beverage
PIN for Later: