When life gives you a huge watermelon, be thankful and make popsicle. Sounds so clichéd, right? Sorry, couldn’t help it. So yes, go ahead and make Watermelon Strawberry Honey Popsicle. They are refreshing, sugar free and delicious.
My husband came home with this big watermelon the other day. The dude loves shopping at Costco! What to do. Why men like Costco so much?
Anyways, I got to work right away – sliced and diced and put those away in individual zip lock bags. It was insanely sweet. I blended the watermelons with strawberries and poured them in popsicle molds for the kids to enjoy their frozen treats the next day.
Yes, as simple as that.
I also blended some more to add vodka in them and make cocktails afterwards.
Its been crazy hot this summer in California and these Watermelon, Strawberry Honey Popsicle are a savior. Since the fruits were sweet, I didn’t add any sugar.
- 3 cups watermelon cubes (remove seeds)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP lemon juice (lemon juice elevates the sweetness in fresh fruits)
- Blend everything in a blender
- Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze over night
- Frozen fruits can be used in stead of Fresh fruits
- Check the sweetness of the fruits before adding honey or sugar
- You don’t have to have popsicle molds. Small paper cups can be used as well.