These No Bake White Chocolate Lemon Truffles are probably the easiest dessert that you can make in no time. And look at the pictures. Aren’t they beautiful? I always thought, simple is sexy and my White Chocolate Lemon Truffles prove my belief – sweetly. Not too many ingredients, yet they look so decadent and so pretty. I love the color on them – that hint of yellow, that I’m crazy about.
The month of September is very special for me. We officially start Fall in September (September 23rd precisely) and it’s also the birthday month of my first-born. As far as I’m concerned, his birthday kicks off the months of celebrations that lie ahead.
This whole month I have been baking, melting and mixing stuff for sweet treats. I just recently baked a big batch of Lemon Bundt Cakes and brought those over to work for a work potluck and they were gone in minutes. I’m telling you, nothing like the flavor of lemon in your baked goods or chocolates.
If you like Lemon flavored martinis, then you must try Lime-Limencillo Martini. Ah!! the citrus!
Why I love these No Bake White Chocolate Lemon Truffles?
- Less than 4 Ingredients
- Less than 10 minutes to prepare
- No Oven required – whew!
- Get your little ones involved
I always look at Truffles, with a lot of admiration. They look so pretty and dainty and almost as delicate as a flower and they taste divine. I was leafing through a magazine as I was waiting for my doc’s appointment and a pic of white chocolate coconut dusted truffles caught my eyes. And, I had to decide to try them.
But then I wanted lemon flavors in my truffles, so I went ahead and added some lemon zest into my chocolate and rolled them into beautiful No Bake White Chocolate Lemon Truffles. If you are not comfortable using a microwave, use a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure that the water doesn’t touch the bowl, and stir occasionally until completely melted.
These No Bake White Chocolate Lemon Truffles stay well and can stay frozen up to a year. They make beautiful gourmet gifts as well.
Here are a few tips though. Chocolate is very sensitive to heat. So handle it carefully while heating it. If you don’t want to use the double boiler and melt your chocolate in the microwave then, heat up the chocolate in microwave with intervals (20 seconds). Take it out after every 20 seconds and stir. INGREDIENTS:
- 8 oz white chocolate-chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter
- 3 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 TSP lemon zest. You can use lemon extract too, but I like using fresh ingredients
- 1 drop of yellow color (Optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate, butter and cream over a double boiler until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest and yellow color
- Cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3/4 hours until firm
- With a small spoon or a scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls
- Roll each balls into powdered sugar to coat them well.
- Store in the fridge in airtight container up to 1 week, freeze for a year
PIN for Later: