You want a Fall/Autumn beverage, that’s bursting with warm yet comforting flavors? Try this Pear Ginger Honey Mocktail. Made with fresh pear juice and sweetened with honey, this is one soothing drink that you can always choose to start your days with and if you want to add a buzz to it, add a shot of bourbon.
Did I share that, I have given up alcohol for two months?? So, yes! I’m already three weeks into it and I don’t have the cravings yet. So, when my husband is nursing his scotch over the weekend, I make myself fun and innovative mocktails and give him company. This Pear Ginger Honey Mocktail is one of them. OHHH!! This Pear Ginger Honey Mocktail has no sugar in it. 🙂
I have nothing against alcohol and In fact, I love my wine and an occasional well made cocktail. But I also feel that its good to practice some self-restraint and detox once in a while. I had lots of fun cocktails this summer though. Starting from Watermelon Vodka Cocktail to Mixed Berry Mint Julep to Pink Grapefruit Paloma and much more. There is nothing like chilling with a chilled cocktail that has fresh summer fruits or berries muddled into it. But then when its time to detox, its time to detox, right?
I have a pear tree in our yard and this year we got some good amount of pears. They are the green crunchy types. This weekend, I picked a few and made a one bowl pear cake (sorry! didn’t get a chance to photograph it) which was my husband’s absolute favorite. The guy is not even into sweets and he literally devoured the whole cake in just two days.
And I used up a few more pear to make this Pear Ginger Honey Mocktail.
For the Pear Ginger Honey Mocktail, I used a home-made ginger syrup to get that ginger taste infused into it. I did not add any sugar at all. The pears were sweet enough and the ginger syrup was sweetened with honey.
I puree the ginger in my Vitamix, mixed the pear puree with ginger syrup and topped with soda water.
- 4 medium-sized pears peeled and pureed
- 4 TBSP ginger-honey syrup (see below on Notes on how to make ginger syrup)
- Ice Cubes
- Soda Water
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the pureed pear, ginger syrup, and ice cubes vigorously for 2 minutes
- Pour the mixture halfway in the glasses
- Top with soda water and serve
How to Make Ginger Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of chopped ginger, 1 cup boiling water, and 1 cup honey in a blender.
- Purée ingredients until mixture is smooth, then strain through a fine strainer or cheesecloth.
- Bottle and refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep in the refrigerator for around a week.
PIN for later: