Chocolate and Wine can solve everything, I tell you. I have been wanting to eat a chocolate cake for long. I got one from Whole Foods and it wasn’t enough. So, I made another one.
I made this exceptionally rich, moist, egg free and butter free double chocolate cake to cure any chocolate cravings. I replaced the eggs and butter by oil and water, resulting in a cholesterol-free cake that tastes just like any decadent cake from a bakery. Talk about love at first bite!
For the frosting, I used powdered sugar, Nutella and some more chocolate. Heaven.
Its not that, I experimented with eggfree desserts the first time. I have been making my cakes egg free for a long time now like these Chocolate-Banana Muffins, How to make Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Muffins or, Egg-Free Butter-Free Dark Chocolate Bundt Cake
This ultra-rich double chocolate cake gets an extra dose of deliciousness from the addition of coffee. The best part is you don’t need any fancy equipment to make this cake. You can mix them all, pour and bake.
So, coming back to the latest in my life, these last couple of weeks have been very interesting. Things happened – some good, some bad, some unforgettable stuff. As I grow older, I develop a certain perspective towards things. I have learnt to discard the bad memories as lesson learned and good memories as memories to be cherished forever.
I have also been binge watching Grey’s Anatomy. Cant believe, how come I stayed away from this sitcom for such a long long time. There are some new developments on the work front as well. I will keep you all updated as things to take shape.
But above all, I have not let my faith to sink. Yes, there have been moments of despair but those don’t last long. As long as I make sure that, I keep the faith, hope and trust up.., rest will automatically fall into shape.
And if they don’t.., there is always wine and chocolate.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used the Ghirardelli brand)/ 64 grams
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour shifted / 190 grams flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 TSP baking soda
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1 TBSP coffee powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 TSP vinegar
For Nutella Frosting:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp Nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degree C.
- Coat your bundt pan with oil an 8-inch round cake pan with spray.
- Whisk water and cocoa in a small bowl until smooth. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, and make a well in center.
- Add cocoa mixture, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in vinegar. Pour into pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around edge of cake, invert it onto rack, and turn cake right side up. Let cool completely. Transfer cake to a serving plate or a cake stand.
For the Frosting:
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, nutella, and milk until smooth. You can add more milk if you want a runny consistency.
- Pour the frosting on the bundt cake all over on the top
PIN for Later: