This Garlic Peanut Chili Chutney is for you if you are a spice lover. This chutney is not for faint hearted. This simply made chutney can be used as a condiment to your otherwise boring food or can be used as a marinade as well. Bursting with delicious flavors, this is a must try chutney for all those who are not afraid to spice it up.
Since I made this Garlic Peanut Chili Chutney, I have been eating this with almost everything – almost. Starting from Prawn Biryani to Chicken Biryani to Toasts or Sandwiches or even with your fritters or cutlets like, the Potato stuffed Mushroom Cutlets.. Yes, its that delicious and for some reason, it elevates the flavor profile of every dish. If you like your chutneys or condiments extra spicy then you must like the Spicy Tomato Chutney as well.
The garlic, peanut and chili make an extremely great combo in this chutney recipe and I have to tell you that, this is MY own recipe. I keep my chutneys really simple and try to make them with as few ingredients as possible so that, I can taste each and every ingredient there without getting lost.
I have used this Garlic Peanut Chili Chutney as a marinade as well. This makes a great marinade for chicken or even for vegetables. I would love to hear feedback on how you used it.INGREDIENTS:
- 20/25 cloves of garlic
- A handful of peanuts
- 3 TBSP oil
- 3/4 dry red chilies
- 7/8 hot fresh chilis
- 1 TSP turmeric
- 2 TBSP tamarind pulp (Available in Indian stores) or Lemon juice
- Few springs of cilantro
- Heat oil in a pan and once the oil is hot, add all the ingredients except for the cilantro
- Fry in low heat for 5 to 8 minutes until the raw smell of garlic is gone
- Switch off the heat and let it cool completely
- All them in a blender along with the fresh cilantro and blend well
- Enjoy! This stays well in the refrigerator for 2 weeks at least.
PIN for LATER: