This Lemon Yogurt Loaf Cake tastes amazing with a nice cup of tea or coffee. You can serve it with some lemon curd to make it a delicious dessert as well. I have played with a few recipes before, but was never satisfied 100% until this time and that’s why you are reading about this Lemon Yogurt Loaf Cake Recipe. Slightly tangy from the lemon juice and extremely flavorful from the lemon zest, and, moist and spongy from the yogurt, this Lemon Yogurt Loaf Cake is one moist, delicate and yummy treat for a casual get-together with friends or just to snack on.
I kept my Lemon Yogurt Loaf Cake naked, but you feel free to dress it up by either with a dust of powder sugar or just some lemon-sugar drizzle.
I bake a cake when I’m happy
I bake a cake when I’m a little down (see, I didn’t say sad…, because it takes a lot to make me sad…, feeling blue yes. But not sad. Not that easy)
I bake a cake when I want to celebrate something – big or small. Could be as big an event as a birthday or as small a reason as me, hitting two extra miles on the treadmill.
I bake a cake, when I’m bored.
I bake a cake – for no reason whatsoever. Just because I want to bake a cake.
Anyone who has seen my home, know that, I hate having items or utensils crowding my working space. I start with a clean kitchen and having a clean kitchen help me focus. And then I keep on cleaning as I continue. So, by the time, the cake batter is ready and into the oven, the kitchen looks like it never was used. Yup! That clean.
So today is Sunday and I have been dreaming about a citrus cake for the whole weekend. Can you believe it…, I let Friday and Saturday pass by without trying to listening to my nagging inner voice to bake a cake. Well, I did. Finally. I made this wonderful, delicious, light and moist LEMON YOGURT LOAF CAKE. I used full fat Greek yogurt and olive oil. Again, feel free to use whatever yogurt you have at home and whatever oil you want to use. If you have noticed, my cake recipes don’t follow rules.
How about you check out some more healthy cake recipes, yeah?
- ½ cup plain yogurt. I used Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon zest from 2 Meyer lemons
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- ½ cup oil. I used olive oil, but you can use canola oil too
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175˚C)
- Prepare a loaf pan by spraying with oil and lining with a parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, and oil until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice to just combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or you know when it’s ready when you insert a toothpick inserted into the center and it comes out clean
- Cool cake on a wire rack for 10 minutes; then turn it out of the pan onto the rack.
PIN for LATER: