We all love Brownies and some of us love Ice Cream even more or vice versa. What if we combine Brownies and Ice Cream together – not a Brownie Ice Cream but like Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches? Genius, no?
Its summer vacation and even though the kids go to Summer camp at school, I still try to make them feel like its vacation time. They get to play until dark outside with their friends, I cut loose on home work and we try to fit in as many fun activities as possible. One of the fun activities that we tried this weekend was to make Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches. I used my old Brownies recipe and we had a tub of Chocolate Marshmallow Ice Cream in fridge.
We cut the brownies with a round cookie cutter and placed 1 scoop of ice cream on the brownie and pressed the second brownie cutout on top. That was easy, right?
We used the Chocolate Ice cream, but you can use any other ice cream flavor to your liking. You can never go wrong with this recipe. Once you see how easy it is to make brownie ice cream sandwiches, you will be thanking me for days.
Homemade Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches – Thin, soft, and fudgy brownies sandwiching your favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Follow the Brownie Recipe
- 8/9 scoops of your favorite ice cream – softened
- Pre-Heat oven to 375-degree F
- Grease and line a 11 by 17 jelly roll pan (the brownies need to be thin)
- Bake the brownies as per the Brownies recipe
- Once the brownie is cooled, carefully flip it over onto a cutting board, making sure that it does not bend or crack. Peel the foil away from the bottom
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut the brownies into circles.
- Lay one of the brownie pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a large ice cream scoop to spread the ice cream evenly across the brownie, getting close to the edge. Place the other brownie piece on top and gently press to create one large ice cream sandwich.
- Then return it to the freezer to harden, at least 2 hours.
PIN for Later: