This Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita is like summer in a glass. Chop up some fresh jalapeno, mix and shake it in with the tequila, lime juice, agave syrup and watermelon juice. This is guaranteed to fire up any cocktail party with its fresh sweet and spicy taste.
It’s been insanely hot in Northern California. Triple digit heat is what we have been hit with for last few weeks. But heat or rain, life doesn’t really stop, does it? Lifestyle changes and gets adjusted to the heat wave outside. Like, I have been sipping on a lot of chilled beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic both. One of my favorites this summer are Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita and the Grapefruit Palomas. as well as Pink Grapefruit Paloma
The watermelons that I got from Wholefoods are so sweet. Made some Watermelon Popsicle… for the kids. Since the watermelon was already so sweet, didn’t have to add any sugar. Added a bit of honey to keep them extra healthy. My kids don’t need extra sugar. Seriously.
Coming back to Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita, these are so delish. You can’t just stop at one. This is sweet and spicy and so so so refreshing.
Not sure about you guys, but I like my cocktails made from fresh fruits juices. It may be a lot of work to juice a grapefruit or strain a watermelon puree…, but in the end its worth it. And when you sit back and enjoy your fruit…err, cocktail of labor, it’s all good.
My readers, I hope you enjoy this Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita Cocktail, as much as I did.
And my teetotaler readers, skip the tequila but follow the recipe as is but in the end, top the glass with some soda.
- ¼ cup Silver Tequila
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 small lime)
- ¼ cup fresh watermelon juice
- 2-4 jalapeño slices, depending on how spicy you like it.
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or sugar
- Crushed ice
- Salt and chili mixture to rim the glasses
- Add salt and chili mixture to a small plate.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass
- Dip the top of the glass in the salt and chili mixture, rolling from side to side until well coated. Keep the glasses aside
- Blend the seedless watermelon and then strain to get watermelon juice. I blended close to 2 cups watermelon to get 1 cup juice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, tequila, lime juice, watermelon juice, jalapeno slices, and agave nectar.
- Put on the lid and shake for 15-30 seconds; strain the liquid into a glass
PIN for Later
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/myyellowapron
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/myyellowapron
Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/myyellowapron