This Best Chocolate Cake is moist, spongy and extremely delectable. Made with few simple ingredients and glazed with the best chocolate glaze ever. This Chocolate Cake is every chocolate lover’s dream. Hands down.
My son celebrated his 8th Birthday last week with this Best Chocolate Cake. His birthday was quiet (with this social isolation regulations) but a good one nevertheless. You really don’t need much when you get to celebrate your special day with Gooey, Spongy Chocolate Cake, right? He woke up to his standard wake-me-up-with-a-piece-of-brownie birthday greetings from us and ended his day with this Chocolate cake with Chocolate Glaze. affair
I baked him this simple yet delicious chocolate cake which has been the best chocolate cake I ever baked. The ingredients are simple and the process is even simpler. Kept the glaze just a simple chocolate one too. And one thing I can vouch for is, you will end up with the Best Chocolate Cake even if you keep your ingredients simple.
Here are a couple chocolate recipes if you are as crazy for chocolate as my family –
- 1 and 3/4 cups APF Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 TSP baking powder/vinegar
- 1 1/2 TSP baking soda
- 1 TSP salt
- 2 eggs – replace eggs with 1/2 cup yogurt or applesauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water or 1 cup hot black coffee
For the Glaze –
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 TBSP flour
- 4 TBSP Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease your cake pan (you can use loaf or round pans)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- Beat eggs, milk in another bowl for about 3 minutes
- Pour the hot water/coffee
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix well (the batter will be runny)
- pour batter into prepared tins and bake for 30/35 minutes
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Turn off heat.
- Add butter and stir until butter is melted..
- Cool for a bit and drizzle over the cake until cake is fully covered.
PIN for LATER