These no-cook easy-to-make creamy coconut popsicles will take you to your dream tropical vacation with just a bite. Luscious, creamy and insanely yum! Who needs to spend money on store-bought popsicles when you can make these at home!
Sometimes don’t you wonder, why we we buy treats – full of preservatives, while its so easy to make them at home? Like these Creamy Coconut Popsicles. Trust me, I have tried almost all the coconut popsicles from various brands out there but nothing tastes like these home made ones. I grew up in India. So yeah, I know my coconuts! The taste of fleshy coconut is something I can never get enough of.
While coming up with this Creamy Coconut Popsicle recipe, all I could think of was my childhood days in India. The taste of creamy sugary coconut ice cream still lingers in my taste buds. Ah! Nostalgia.
These homemade Creamy Coconut Popsicles are probably one of the easiest things I have made and best part is, there is no cooking or baking involved. All you need are less than 5 ingredients, a mixing bowl and popsicle molds. But yes use the best quality COCONUT MILK- no fat free stuff, please. And if you can get young coconut pulp from Asian stores, use some of that and you will see how the taste of these coconut popsicles go up by few notches.
Let’s talk Ingredients
You will need just 4 ingredients.
- Coconut Milk
- Condensed Milk
- Coconut Flakes
- Heavy Cream
Tips to make the coconut popsicles
- Adding popsicle sticks: to add wooden popsicle sticks, freeze your popsicles without the sticks for about 1 hour, then add them in. That way they will stand properly in your popsicle.
- I prefer to used canned coconut milk for this recipe because I find it more creamy than a lot of coconut milk. Sometimes I will use coconut milk in tetra packs and it works well too, it’s just not as creamy.
- If you don’t like the texture of the added shredded coconut, feel free to leave it out.
- Alternations -To make a pina colada flavor, add some drained crushed pineapple to the recipe or turn these coconut pops into tropical popsicles by dropping couple of tablespoon of mango pulp into the molds.
These Creamy coconut popsicles are made with just 4 ingredients and no artificial flavors whatsoever! The perfect treat for all year around.
Other Coconut based recipes
Other Summer Favorites
Creamy Coconut Popsicles
- Popsicle Mold
- 1 can (13.5 oz can) Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut flakes
- 1 can (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Mix the coconut milk, shredded coconut, condensed milk, and heavy cream until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each popsicle mold.
- Freeze the popsicles for 2 hours or until they are semi firm and then insert wooden sticks in the center.
- Continue to freeze for at least an additional 4 hours (overnight is best).
- To remove from mold, run the base of the mold under warm water.