Creamy vanilla ice-cream coupled with floral honey and mildly flavored with fresh rosemary, this No Churn Honey Vanilla Ice Cream recipe will make you fall in love with this combination. The best news is: only four ingredients, and no machine necessary!
So, no ice cream machine? No worry!! Problem solved.
This may look like ordinary vanilla ice cream, but in fact this No Churn Ice Cream recipe will blow your mind with the additional flavors that its made with – Honey and Rosemary. The rosemary syrup adds a fresh brightness to the base while the floral notes from the honey takes it to another level altogether. Talk about delicious summer treats, right!!!
Every time I think about an easy dessert that requires less prep work yet completely homemade, my heart just sings with the anticipation of trying it. The No Churn Honey Vanilla Ice Cream is exactly that. And there is no eggs, no custards, no machines involved.
Why You will love this Honey Ice Cream Recipe?
Easy no machine, no churn honey ice cream made with local honey and topped with a homemade rosemary herb syrup. A favorite summer treat that you can make with your kids at home.
Easy and Simple Recipe – It only takes a hand mixer, a couple of bowls, and three ingredients to make.
Soft and Scoopable Ice Cream – This ice cream stays soft even right out of the freezer.
Versatility – This could be a base ice cream for many more flavors or toppings of your like. Add any summer fruits or berries like strawberries, apricots or even mango or top with hazelnuts or pistachio brittles.
Kid Friendly Recipe – This could be such a fun recipe to do with your little munchkins and let them lick that honey spoon. Pure joy!
What is no churn ice cream?
No churn ice cream is ice cream that you don’t have to churn, meaning you don’t need an ice cream maker. All you need is either a hand mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. The cream is beaten to stiff peaks and the sweetened condensed milk and add ins are folded in. It takes 10 minutes or less to prep this ice cream before freezing it, simplicity at it’s finest!
Let’s talk honey – What type to use and How much?
Honey is one thing I grew up on. Really. My parents shove it down my throat everytime I caught a cold and trust me, I do that to my kids now. 😛
My parents used to have a honey hive and I have seen folks extracting fresh honey and I wish I could describe the taste of freshly squeezed honey. Pure, unprocessed and untouched.
I used 1/2 cup honey in this Honey Ice cream recipe.
I also used a local honey in this recipe. One of my favorite thing is to go to the farmers market and buy fresh local honey. But you can use some any good quality organic honey.
Ingredients you need to make Honey Ice Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Good quality Honey
- Rosemary syrup (optional)
Other variations that you can add
- Chocolate chunks
- Replace honey with agave syrup or maple syrup.
- Use a flavored honey like – lavender honey, manuka honey.
- Go nuts with your ideas like adding a bit of cinnamon or nutmeg while churning the cream. Even cardamom will work great too.
Steps on making the No Churn Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
Step 1 – Prepare the honey rosemary syrup
Step 2 – Chill a big bowl for an hour in the freezer
Step 3 – Pour the whipping cream into a previously chilled bowl and keep whipping until the whipping cream forms stiff peaks (this might take some time). You can also use a stand mixer if you have one.
Step 4 – Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/2 TSP herb syrup into the whipped cream. Continue stirring gently until completely combined.
Step 5- Pour into a freezer-safe container with airtight lid.
Drizzle individual servings with a little more honey and a pinch of chopped rosemary
Quick Tips for Honey Vanilla Cream
- Place your mixing bowl into the freezer for an hour before you start. Use a hand mixer to whip the cream to stiff peaks, taking care not to over-whip the cream.
- Use good quality pure vanilla extract
- Local honey works best in this recipe.
- Before serving the No Churn Honey Vanilla Ice Cream take it out of the freezer and let it stand for 5 min before scooping. This will soften the texture up just slightly and make it perfect
- The Rosemary Syrup is optional. You can use any other herb to make that exotic syrup.
- The leftover rosemary syrup can be used in other goodies or cocktails.
If you love honey and honey based treats..,
I’m sure you will love the following treats:
No Churn Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup Good quality honey (local honey is best)
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounce Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Rosemary syrup (see notes below) Optional
Rosemary Syrup –
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Rosemary leaves
- Chill a big bowl for an hour in the freezer
- Pour the whipping cream into a previously chilled bowl
- Keep whipping until the whipping cream forms stiff peaks (this might take some time). You can also use a stand mixer if you have one
- Gently fold the sweetened condensed milk, Honey, and Rosemary syrup into the whipped cream. Continue stirring gently until completely combined. Pour into a freezer-safe container with airtight lid.
- Freeze until solid, at least 6 to 8 hours.
- Drizzle individual servings with a little more honey and a pinch of chopped rosemary
Rosemary Syrup – Combine water, sugar, and rosemary leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let syrup steep, about 30 minutes.
*** Rosemary Syrup – Combine 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup rosemary leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let syrup steep, about 30 minutes.