These are indeed the Best and Easy Chocolate Cupcake Recipe EVER – very moist, fudgy and full of chocolate flavor! They literally melt in your mouth and is a party favorite. Bake these chocolate cupcakes for Birthday parties, baby showers or any special occasions and see them getting disappeared in a jiffy.
Baked these Easy Chocolate Cupcakes for my son’s 9th birthday party and these were gone within an hour. Indeed the Best Chocolate Cupcakes EVER!! He had especially requested for chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I didn’t make the chocolate frosting at home. Instead use the store bought frosting one and my friend helped me in piping the frosting. 🙂
Not sure about you all, but I love naked cakes. Even with cupcakes, I like the cake part and almost always let my kids lick off the frosting. 🙂
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS EASY CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE RECIPE
Easy Recipe: Nothing much to this easy chocolate cake recipe really. Sift the dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients. Fold the dry into wet and bake. that’s it!!
Party pleaser: Who doesn’t love a good chocolate cupcake!
Its Chocolate: No brainer, right!
The recipe can be used to make a chocolate cake: Totally use the recipe to make a chocolate cake.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- Buttermilk: You can make your own buttercream by adding 1 tbsp white vinegar to milk.
- Eggs: I have used two room temperature eggs
- Oil: I have used vegetable oil in this recipe
- Hot coffee
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder: I have used unsweetened cocoa powder. I have used Hershey’s brand here.
- Baking soda
- Kosher salt
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- PREPARATION: Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and line a 12-count cupcake pan.
- WHISK AND SIFT DRY INGREDIENTS: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, salt) and then sift the ingredients. This process will break up any big clumps of cocoa.
- BEAT THE WET INGREDIENTS: In a second bowl, beat together wet ingredients (sugar, eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, vanilla)
- FOLD THE DRY WITH WET: Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. The batter will be a little loose with small lumps.
- BAKE– Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full and bake at 350˚F for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer the cupcakes to a rack to cool before frosting.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure to fill the cupcake tins up to 2/3 full. If you fill more, then the batter will overflow making a big mess.
- Use unsweetened cocoa powder for the best tasting chocolate cupcakes.
- Make sure to use Room Temperature Ingredients.
- DO NOT OVER MIX. Overmixing the dry with wet ingredients will incorporate too much air into the cupcakes making them hard and chewy. Just mix until they are just incorporated.
- Bake at 350˚F on the center rack of the oven for exactly 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- You can use the cupcake batter to make a chocolate cake.
- You can use brown sugar in place of white granulated sugar to get a richer color.
- Use gluten free flour if you want to make them GF chocolate cupcakes.
- Store your chocolate cupcakes at room temperature if they are unfrosted. If they are frosted, then store in refrigerator.
BEST Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 Sifter
- 1 Hand Mixer
- cupcake tins
- 1 & 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour/ 180g
- 1 & 1/4 Cups Granulated sugar /265g
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa powder /40g
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 Cup Buttermilk room temperature
- 2 Med Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil /100mL
- 1/4 Cup Coffee /60mL