These rich and incredibly delicious double chocolate mini bundt cakes are a breeze to make! No eggs, No butter, No mixer needed. This one-bowl chocolate mini Bundt cake recipe is foolproof with the easiest chocolate ganache ever!
These EGG-FREE, BUTTER-FREE, ONE BOWL Dark Chocolate Bundt Cakes are not only pretty to look at but also, they are sinfully delicious. And that chocolate ganache on top dripping down from the sides…heaven! They are easy to make and the portion size is perfect.
These mini chocolate cakes are guaranteed to satisfy your chocolate cravings! If you are looking for a fool-proof chocolate cake recipe, then make this Chocolate mini bundt cake with a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
I served these egg free, butter free dark chocolate mini Bundt cakes with sugared frozen berries, but you can always serve them with seasonal fruits and berries.
WHAT TO LOVE ABOUT CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKES
- These are egg free & butter free. Having no eggs and no butter in these cakes, these mini chocolate bundt cakes are a tad healthier and heart friendly than their counterparts.
- The batter for these mini chocolate bundt cakes can be made in one bowl
- Since these are egg-free and butter-free, no need for creaming the wet ingredients. No fancy gadgets needed either. Everything can be mixed by hand.
- It’s so moist!
- The chocolate glaze is silky, smooth, and so divine.
- Can be made into vegan bundt cakes
- You can make a regular sized chocolate cake using the same recipe
- Bake these cakes for a special event or birth part or take it along as snack cakes on your road trip.
WHAT I NEED TO MAKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MINI BUNDT CAKES
For Chocolate Bundt Cakes
- All-purpose flour: I have used APF in this recipe. You can use cake flour too.
- Granulated sugar: I have used white sugar. You can opt for brown sugar instead.
- Unsweetened Dutch Processed Cocoa: Good quality cocoa makes a big difference. The Dutch processed cocoa gives the cake a very beautiful dark color
- Baking soda: Baking soda makes the to rise and become spongy
- Coffee: A little bit of instant coffee takes chocolate to another level.
- Vegetable oil: I have used vegetable oil. You can use any other lighter oil like a light olive oil.
- White vinegar
- Vanilla extract
- Frozen berries (optional)
For Chocolate Ganache
- Heavy cream
- Dark chocolate morsels – I used ghirardelli
Always aerate the flour by stirring the flour in with a spoon. This will lighten up the flour. Then scoop up the flour and level it up into your cup
Dutch-processed cocoa gives the cakes a beautiful dark chocolate hue.
Grease the bundt pans really well – don’t leave any nook or corner.
Let the cakes cool completely before glazing them
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE EGG FREE BUNDT CAKES
BAKE THE MINI BUNDT CAKES
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and generously grease and flour your mini bundt pans.
Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies of the Bundt pan.
STEP 2: Sift your dry ingredients twice into a bowl.
STEP 3: Add your wet ingredients – water, coffee, vinegar, and vanilla essence along with sugar into the bowl. See it’s just a one-bowl recipe.
STEP 4: Give it a gentle stir. Should take like 30 seconds to mix everything.
STEP 5: Divide the chocolate batter into the mini bundt pans – 2/3 rd full and bake for 15/18 minutes or till a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
STEP 6: Cool completely before you move on to the frosting part
PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
STEP 1: Heat cream in a small bowl in microwave for 30 to 40 seconds.
STEP 2: Slowly add morsels and let it stand for 5 minutes. Stir well.
STEP 3: Spoon or pour the cooled down ganache on the cake. Decorate with frozen berries (optional)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How Do I Keep the Bundt Cakes Moist?
Don’t overbake. As soon as a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of one side of the pan, the cake is done.
How Long Do I Let The Mini Bundt Cakes Cool?
Like any other cakes, these double chocolate mini bundt cakes, will need to cool for a few minutes in the pan before being turned out onto a cooling rack.
How Do I Get The Mini Chocolate Cakes Out of The Bundt Pans?
Make sure your mini cake pans are well greased at all the nooks and corners. If the cakes don’t release naturally, run a thin butter knife in between the pan to release the cakes.
OTHER EASY CAKE RECIPES
I used good quality dark chocolate chips to make chocolate ganache. You can see a difference in taste when you use high quality chocolate. It gives the cakes a very luscious texture.
Double Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes (One Bowl Recipe)
- Flour Sifter
- Mixing Bowls
- 1 and 1/2 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Dutch cocoa
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp White vinegar/Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- Frozen berries (optional)
FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 2 Cups Heavy cream
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Dark chocolate morsels
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
- Grease and flour the mini bundt pans. Make sure to grease well. Set aside.
SIFT THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cocoa into a big bowl
- Whisk the dry ingredients to make sure everything is mixed.
ADD THE WET INGREDIENTS INTO THE BOWL
- Pour water, coffee, vinegar and vanilla extract into the dry ingredient bowl
- Give it a gentle stir so that, everything is incorporated without any lumps
BAKE THE MINI CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKES
- Divide the egg-free, butter-free chocolate cake batter into the bundt pans and bake in the pre-heated oven for 18/20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely and then carefully unmold the mini chocolate cakes into a plate.
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- While the cakes are cooling, make the chocolate ganache, by heating the cream (either in microwave or stove top) for 2 minutes
- Add the chocolate morsels into the hot cream and let it rest for couple of minutes. Then gently stir it into a luscious ganache.
TOP THE BUNDT CAKES WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Pour the chocolate ganache on each mini chocolate bundt cake. Top with some frozen berries.