This Eggless Banana Bread Recipe with Nutella Swirl is the easiest and best banana bread recipe you can ever find! Topped with chocolate chips and swirled with a rich chocolate hazelnut Nutella spread, this banana bread is going to be THE BEST banana bread recipe you have ever come across!!
I never had good luck with baking a great Banana Bread. I used to have a great recipe years ago, given by a co-worker but I lost it. I kept trying various Banana Bread recipes of friends and bloggers and somehow was never satisfied. But this time, I struck luck. Sharing this THE BEST Banana Bread Recipe with Nutella Swirl with you all and hope you all will love it as you loved my Orange Loaf Cake | Egg Free & Butter Free
The Nutella Swirl in this Banana Bread recipe is optional but I gave it my personal touch by adding some Nutella and then topping the eggless bread with some generous amount of chocolate chips. If you don’t have either, don’t worry. You can always top your olive oil banana bread recipe with some nuts.
WHAT IS EGGLESS & BUTTERLESS BANANA BREAD
I know a lot of people who are either allergic to eggs or can’t stand the smell of eggs in baked goods. This EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CHIPS BANANA BREAD is for them.
I have made this nutella-swirled Banana Bread without eggs. I have even substituted butter for olive oil to make this cake even healthier.
Plus, this recipe is not only egg-free but this bread recipe can be made dairy-free banana bread by substituting yogurt with nut milk or nut yogurt.
This Eggless Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl is going to be your bookmarked Banana Bread recipe. Moist, topped with chocolate chips and swirled with some Nutella, this is my Best Banana Bread thus far. Egg Free and Butter Free too.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THE BEST BANANA BREAD WITHOUT EGGS
- Ripe Bananas – you need about 3 ripe bananas for this banana bread with Nutella recipe.
- Brown Sugar – I have used light brown sugar in this recipe. You can use dark brown sugar or even white sugar if you wish
- Light Olive Oil – I have used light olive oil because almost all my cakes are baked with olive oil, however, you can use any vegetable oil you like including canola oil or light olive oil or even coconut oil.
- Greek Yogurt – Regular yogurt can be used but make sure the yogurt is fresh
- White Vinegar
- Salt, Baking Powder & Baking Soda
- All-Purpose Flour – Or wholewheat flour.
- Chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE THE WORLD’S BEST & EASIEST BANANA BREAD WITH NUTELLA SWIRL
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degree F
STEP 2: Butter and line a loaf pan with parchment paper
STEP 3: Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, place the peeled bananas and mash with a fork or potato masher into a smooth banana puree. Its OK to have few lumps.
Stir in the oil, sugar, yogurt and vinegar.
Set the bowl aside.
STEP 4: Sieve the Dry Ingredients
Into another bowl, sieve the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
STEP 5: Mix the Wet with Dry
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in batches. Fold in without over mixing.
Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan
STEP 6: Make that Nutella swirl
Take the dollops of nutella and with a sharp knife make some swirls into the banana bread batter.
Top with chocolate chips
STEP 7: Bake the Eggless Chocolate chips Banana Bread
Bake the Banana Bread for 45/50 minutes.
HOW TO STORE THE BANANA BREAD
You can freeze this banana bread, whole or sliced but make sure you wrap the banana bread in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container before freezing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW RIPE SHOULD BE THE BANANAS FOR BANANA BREAD?
The banana should be ripe enough with a darker skin. Riper, the better.
CAN I SKIP THE SUGAR?
Yes, you can skip the sugar especially if you are using overripe bananas, the flavor will be great with less to no sugar at all.
CAN I SKIP THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS & NUTELLA SWIRL
Yes, of course, you can. Instead of topping your banana bread with chocolate chips, you can top it with mixed nuts instead. And, instead of the Nutella swirl, you can always make a cinnamon swirl banana bread just like a cinnamon swirl coffee cake.
CAN I USE WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR TO MAKE AN ATTA BANANA BREAD
Yes, instead of all-purpose flour, you can use atta or whole wheat flour to make this eggless banana bread.
CAN I MAKE A GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD
Again, yes! Even though I haven’t tried GF banana bread yet, I have used GF flour to bake – Chocolate Banana Muffins (Gluten Free, Sugar-Free). You can use Bob’s Red Mill GF Flour.
WHAT OTHER FLAVORS GO WITH BANANA BREAD
Cinnamon – Add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter, or combine 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the batter.
Peanut Butter – Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, then top with dollops of peanut butter. Gently swirl the peanut butter into the batter with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon remaining batter into the pan and smooth with an offset spatula. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake!
MORE SNACK CAKE RECIPES
Eggless Banana Bread with Nutella Swirl
- 1&1/2 cups all purpose flour 210gm
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups Mashed Banana
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Light olive oil
- 1 tbsp White distilled vinegar
FOR THE NUTELLA SWIRL
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS TOPPING
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
PRE-HEAT THE OVEN TO 350 DEGREE F
PREP YOUR BAKING PAN BY BUTTERING IT AND LINING WITH A PARCHMENT PAPER
SIEVE YOUR DRY INGREDIENTS
- Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS
- Mash the banana well. A few lumps are ok.
- Mix mashed banana, yogurt, oil, and vinegar in a medium bowl;
MIX THE DRY INGREDIENTS WITH WET INGREDIENTS
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture in batches. Fold in the dry with the wet. Be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon half the batter into the loaf pan, then top with dollops of Nutella. Gently swirl Nutella into the batter with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Spoon the remaining batter into the pan and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Tap the pan sharply to remove air bubbles.
BAKE THE EGGLESS BANANA BREAD WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until the bread, is golden and springs back to the touchBread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs attached. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; carefully lift bread from pan and cool completely
PIN for Later