I read somewhere, The next best thing to eating food, is talking about it. Cant agree more. And my most favorite food quote is:
“Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.” -Ernestine Ulmer
So true, isn’t it? Given a choice, I will start and end my days with a piece of cake. With that said, lets talk about the most decadent cake I ever tasted. Tres Leches Cake. In other words, Three Milk Cake – a famous Spanish cake. Basically the Tres Leches Cake, is a basic sponge cake soaked over night (preferably) with a concoction of three milks – Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk and Regular Full Fat Milk.
If you end up making this Tres Leches Cake, trust me (I insist), it will be wipes off the plate in minutes. YES! Its that delicious. Can you imagine a slice of sponge cake soaked in milk …just melting in your mouth.
You want to try few other delicious cakes? Check these out –
Double Chocolate Loaf Cake (Eggless)
Cardamom Cream Cake
Another note – I whipped up the cream from scratch for the topping, but if you want go for a store bought topping such as cool whip or any other brand that’s available to you. The taste isn’t compromised at all.
For Sponge Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 1 TSP salt
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla essence
For Soaking the Cake
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed milk
- ¼ cup milk
For the Frosting
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream (I used the store bought whipping cream: Cool whip)
- 3 TBSP sugar
- Caramel for topping
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
- Grease a pan with some butter
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder
- Separate the eggs into different bowls
- Add 1/4 cup sugar into the yolk bowl and mix until the yolks turn into light yellow. Add the 1/3 cup milk and vanilla into it.
- Mix the yolk mixture with the flour and mix gently
- Now beat the egg whites on high speed (if you have an electric mixture, then its better). Slowly add the ¼ cup sugar into it and beat again till you see stiff peaks
- Now fold the egg whites into the flour batter very gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the mixture on top. Bake for 25/30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely. Once it’s cooled, poke holes all over the cake with a fork.
- Combine the three milks – condensed milk, evaporated milk, milk
- Slowly pour the milk mixture over the cake and cover the sides also
- Refrigerate the cake overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until you get stiff peaks. Smooth over the cake and sprinkle some caramel.
PIN for Later
If you are on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST…, send me a Hi?
omg Tres Leches is one of my favorite cakes to make. Now, add caramel? SOLD girl!
I agree with you 100%! I would love to start and end my day with a piece of cake! This looks amazing! I have never made Tres Leches cake before. Might just have to make this 🙂
This cake looks lovely!
This cake looks so dang delicious. I’ll have to make this soon.
This looks so amazing! I love Tres Leches Cake, and this looks like a great recipe!
Thank you so much, Jenny!!
Thank you so much, Luci!!
Thank you so much, Dianna!
Thank you so much
Thank you so much Kasey!
Looks delicious!!! Never had tres leches cake and I’ve always wanted to try it!
It’s been a log time since I’ve had tres leches cake, and I don’t think I’ve ever actually made it! I pinned this so I could try it this weekend, thanks!
Yum! I love tres leches cake! I love it when it’s super cold – so good!
These photos are incredible! It looks sooo appetizing and a perfect dessert to add caramel to!
Thanks Madison. This is our THE favorite cake.
Thanks Erin. Same here. This is our THE favorite cake.
Thanks Ashley. Same here. This is our THE favorite cake. And let me know how did your cake come out?
Thanks. This is our THE favorite cake. And you gotta try it. 🙂
love the recipe will try
Looks absolutely amazing. Just a quick question though. What size cake tray did you use for this recipe?
Fabulous soft moist rich creamy delicious cake
Thank you Sangeeta!
I used a 8 by 8 square pan.
Any tips to make it egg less?
Hi you can replace eggs with yogurt.