This dark chocolate-dipped no-cook, no-bake energy bites are made with flax meal, chia seed, peanut butter, sesame seeds, and rolled oats. If you looking for a healthy snack that doubles as a dessert as well as a pre or post-workout treat, then you will love this recipe.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE NO BAKE ENERGY BALLS
- These no-bake Energy Bites are super healthy.
- Covered with dark chocolate.
- Easy to make.
- Doubles as dessert
- No need for any fancy kitchen gadgets like a blender or food processor
- Uses pantry ingredients
- Full of nutrients, made with superfood and whole food, high in protein, healthy carbs, fats, and fiber.
- Helps build lean muscle mass, boost energy, and aid weight maintenance.
- A guilt-free snack!
INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED PROTEIN BITES
Flaxseed meal: Flaxseed Meal has a high amount of dietary fiber. It’s also a powerful natural cholesterol controller. I buy Bob’s Redmill Flaxseed meal. https://www.bobsredmill.com/flaxseed-meal.html
Chia seed: Chia seeds contain quercetin, an antioxidant that can reduce your risk of developing several health conditions, including heart disease. The seeds also high in fiber, which can help to lower high blood pressure and, in turn, reduce your risk of developing heart disease. Chia seeds are high in fiber.
Sesame seed: Sesame seeds are a good source of healthy fats, protein, B vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants may aid blood sugar control, combat arthritis pain, and lower cholesterol.
Peanut Butter: Peanut butter contains protein, good monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats and contains the powerful antioxidant vitamin E, bone-building magnesium, potassium and vitamin B6
Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is rich in disease-fighting antioxidants.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE NO BAKE ENERGY BITES
STEP 1: MIX the Ingredients
In a medium bowl, stir together Instant oats, flaxseed meal, chia seed, sesame seed, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
STEP 2: ROLL into balls
Grease your hands with water. Take a spoonful of the dough between your palms and roll into a golf sized ball. You will get about 15 to 18 balls.
STEP 3: FREEZE the balls
Place the balls on a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
STEP 4: MELT the chocolate
Melt chocolate in the microwave or stovetop.
STEP 5: DIP the energy bites into dark chocolate
Dip the energy bites into melted chocolate and place it back onto the tray. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to harden!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why my protein balls aren’t forming into a ball?
If your protein balls are not sticking together you probably need to add a little bit more moisture. Add a teaspoon of water at a time until your protein balls stick together to form a ball!
Can I swap almond butter or any other nut butter?
For nut allergies: In place of the almond or peanut butter, try sunflower seed butter.
How long can I store my no-bake energy bites?
Store leftover energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
SOME OTHER HEALTHY RECIPES
Chocolate Covered No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1/4 Cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/4 Cup Chia Seed
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seed
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a medium bowl, stir together Instant oats, flaxseed meal, chia seed, sesame seed, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
- Grease your hands with water. Take a spoonful of the dough between your palms and roll it into a golf-sized ball. You will get about 15 to 18 balls.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or stovetop.
- Dip the energy bites into melted chocolate and place it back onto the tray. Place in fridge for 20 minutes to harden!