Here is an Apple Pudding Recipe to celebrate those fall dinners, especially when you are tired of all that Apple Pies or Apple Breads. An easy and delicious warm Apple Pudding made with fresh ricotta, coconut and pure ghee using Hamilton Beach’s Food Processor.
This Apple Pudding recipe is developed in collaboration with Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach’s Food Processor is a kitchen tool every chef needs in the kitchen! It’s ideal for savory dishes and desserts. I have been using it to rice my cauliflower, chop my tomatoes for salsa, or grinding nuts and oats for desserts etc.
I love how Hamilton Beach have utilized the culinary hub on the stand mixers. It’s great for space saving as you don’t need to buy individual full-sized appliances. It’s quickly become my no.1 go-to kitchen appliance! I absolutely love it and all of the attachments I’ve tried so far.
For this Apple Pudding recipe, I chopped the fresh apples in seconds. Talk about time saving eh!
How to make Apple Pudding using Hamilton Beach’s Food Processor
Very easy really.
The Hamilton Beach chopper made it super easy for me to chop the apples into small pieces.
- Place Bowl on Base. Make sure protective cover has been removed from Disc
to prevent damage and scratches to Bowl. Carefully, insert fingers into two finger holes in Disc and place onto Motor Shaft with stamped name (SLICE or SHRED) side facing up.
- Place Lid on Bowl, making sure to align Pour Spout on Lid with Pour Spout on Bowl. Push Lid Latches down and in until they snap into place.
- Place apple slices into smaller open tube and use Small Food Pusher to push food in.
- Lift up on Lid Latches and Remove Lid.
- Carefully, insert fingers into two finger holes on Disc and pull up to remove from Motor Shaft.
- Lift Bowl straight up and remove food.
- Cook the grated apples with ghee, ricotta, cinnamon, cardamom, coconut and some sugar till you get the right consistency.
Trust me, this Apple Pudding tastes best while served warm with a dollop of ice cream. You won’t reach for apple pie ever again. 🙂
Which Apple to choose for Apple Pudding
You can choose any apples that bake well. I used granny smith apples here. But Golden delicious work well too.
Simple Ingredients used in this recipe
Ghee or Clarified Butter – This is a personal choice. If you don’t have ghee handy, just melt the butter till it becomes brown. You get that nutty flavor from using Ghee or Browned butter that adds a depth to the pudding.
Ricotta Cheese – This Apple Pudding recipe has no flour in it. Ricotta adds the texture to the pudding making it almost like a apple cheesecake profile. If you don’t have ricotta, please use some homemade chhena or cottage cheese.
Semolina – This is optional. Skip semolina if you don’t have it. Instead of Semolina, you can very well use almond flour or coconut flour.
Sugar – Use brown if you have it.
Cinnamon and Cardamom – Used in tea spoons
Coming back to this Easy Apple Pudding recipe, all I can say is that you have to try this recipe once. Its not only easy to make but also makes such a comforting and warm fall dessert. You know what you can even enjoy this Apple Pudding for breakfast. Its loaded with fresh nuts, coconut, ghee and some cinnamon. There can’t be a better and delicious use of apples than this recipe.
Few other Fall Favorite Recipes
- Hamilton Beach Mixer Grinder
- 4 Fresh Medium Sized Apples (I used gala apples here) grated. (Yielding up to a 1 or 1 and 1/2 cup grated apples)
- 1 Cup Ricotta cheese (if you don't have ricotta, you can use grated paneer or fresh chhena)
- 1 TSP Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Cup Chopped nuts (I used cashew and almonds)
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (if you want to skip sugar, replace with maple syrup)
- 1/4 Cup Shredded coconut
- 2 TBSP. Semolina flour (you can use flour too)
- Heat ghee in a deep bottomed non-stick pan
- Add the chopped apples, ricotta, cardamom powder, coconut, semolina and sugar. Cook in low heat for 30 to 35 minutes till the apples are completely cooked.
- Add the chopped nuts. Drizzle with cinnamon and serve warm