This Easy Homemade Pistachio Brittle made without corn syrup is a delicious and crunchy toffee filled with pistachios! Use these pistachio candies as gifts or crunch them up on your favorite ice-creams or creamy desserts for that much-needed crunch! This is a foolproof recipe that comes out delicious every single time!
What can be better than a homemade brittle recipe made without any corn syrup, right?? This slightly crunchy homemade pistachio brittle recipe is the best!! The crunch of toffee, the deliciousness of pistachios, these pistachio candies go with almost everything. Use them as pretty packaged gifts or snacks or crumble them up on your favorite desserts!
When you think of a Brittle, you always think of brittles made with peanuts, but, I went for pistachios instead. I prefer pistachios to peanuts any day but the best part about brittle is that, you can use any kind of nuts you prefer – almond, walnuts, peanuts. You can even mix up nuts with coconut flakes. I find brittle quite versatile. You can crunch them up and use as toppings on your ice creams or any other desserts or puddings: such as the super delicious Rose Pistachio Phirni , a simply made KHEER or even on your Hot Chocolates, or your delicious coffee as in an Affogato or just enjoy these brittle as is or wrap them up and give a friend as a thank you gift.
They are easy to make too. I made these Pistachio Brittle without corn syrup, I really didn’t see the need to add corn syrup which make these Pistachio Brittles a tad healthy.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE PISTA TOFFEE: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- Pistachio nuts – unsalted and shelled
- Sugar – White granulated sugar – Maple syrup. Derived from the sap of the maple tree, maple syrup is a natural sweetener known for its distinct taste and aroma, Honey. Honey is a popular sweetener that has been lauded for its health benefits, Stevia, Golden syrup, Molasses.
- Butter – By adding baking soda to the sugar syrup, you unleash a zillion minuscule air bubbles that give the candy a porous, delicate texture. Butter also helps to make the candy tender and easier to chew, as well as adding its own rich flavor.
- Baking soda – This is important because of a chemical reaction that results in the perfect peanut brittle texture. Baking soda creates lots of little air bubbles in the brittle, giving it that perfect crunch that I love.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PISTACHIO CANDY
- Baking soda makes the brittle bubble up creating lots of air bubbles. This makes a “fluffier” brittle.
- If you want a “fluffier” brittle, don’t spread out as much. This will help keep more air bubbles in the candy. Thinner brittle makes a harder brittle.
- Store brittle in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag and keep in a cool, dry place.
- You can change this up and use any other kind of nut you would like.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is my pistachio brittle not crunchy?
If your pista brittle is too soft, it means, you didn’t cook it long enough. This is because the mixture didn’t reach the correct cracking temperature when it was cooking. Cook the sugar mixture until it reaches the hard crack stage.
How Long Will homemade peanut brittle last?
6-8 weeks. Store pistachio toffee brittle (once it’s completely cooled) in an airtight container at room temperature. Do not refrigerate as the moisture from the fridge will cause the brittle to soften. To freeze: Peanut brittle can be frozen and stored up to 3 months.
Does nut brittle stick to parchment paper?
Lightly spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray just as an extra precaution to prevent the paper from sticking to the bottom of the brittle.
How do you remove wax paper from homemade pistachio brittle?
To solve your problem, we would heat a cookie sheet in the oven set at 175°F (80°C), take it out, place your wax-paper-bound caramel on the sheet for about a minute, flip it over, and see if the paper can’t be peeled off without much mess.
Can you freeze nut brittle made without corn syrup?
Perfect for a quick snack and the resealable container keeps it fresh. You can also choose to freeze the nut and seed brittle.
ENJOY THE PISTA BRITTLE WITH THESE TREATS
- No Churn Honey Vanilla Ice Cream
- Kheer Recipe | Indian Rice Pudding (Instant Pot)
- Easy Pista (Pistachio) Kulfi Recipe
Easy Pistachio Brittle Recipe without Corn syrup
- 1 and 1/2 cup Pistachio
- 1 cup 1 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2` tea spoon Salt
- 1 table spoon Butter
- 1/4 tea spoon Baking soda
- In a saucepan over medium/medium-high heat combine sugar, water and salt.
- When the mixture comes to a gentle boil and the sugar is dissolved, set a timer for ten minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, and watch for the color to change. As soon as the color is a light, golden amber – get it off the heat!
- Quickly, and stirring continuously, add butter and baking soda. The mixture will foam. Continue stirring until the foaming subsides and the mixture starts to get glossy.
- Stir in the pistachios all at once and quickly pour them onto the parchment-lined tray
- Flatten the mixture as needed and allow to cool for about 20 minutes, until brittle.
PIN for Later