Kalakand is that papular Indian sweet made with 2 ingredients. Paneer or Chhena and Sugar. Feel free to name Kalakand as Indian Milk Cake. I’m going to share a very very easy recipe of Kalakand that will take you just less than 15 minutes to prepare compared to the traditional long and lengthy Kalakand recipe.
2 Ingredients and less than 15 minutes required to make this Instant Kalakand. Oh! This is prepared in a Microwave too. And, yes…, you are welcome. 🙂
There are some more Indian sweets recipes that I would love to share with you all –
Odisha Kanika |Mitha Pulao |Sweet Rice
Chhena Malpua Recipe|Paneer Malpua Recipe
Gulab Jamun | Lengcha | How to Make Gulab Jamun
Chhena Poda, How to Make Chhena Poda
So without much ado, let me share the Instant Kalakand recipe. I have used Ricotta Cheese in this recipe. And if you don’t have Ricotta available to you, then use soft homemade paneer. There is absolutely no difference in taste.
- 2 cups ricotta cheese or soft paneer
- 1 cup condensed milk (milkmaid)
- 1 TBSP rose water
- 1 TBSP cardamom powder
- 2 TBSP of crushed cashew, edible rose petals
- Silver bark to decorate (optional)
- Mix the cheese and condensed milk well. Make sure there are no lumps
- Microwave in a deep microwavable dish for 2 minutes. Take it out of the microwave and mix the cardamom powder and rose water. Give it a good mix
- Put the bowl back in the microwave and Microwave again for 3 minutes and mix the batter with a wooden spatula. By this time, the mixture will be looking grainy
- Keep microwaving for 2 minutes till you see the texture like this. You will know its ready when you take a small amount on your palm and it does not stick
- Pour the mixture on a grease flat plate and sprinkle the crushed cashew and rose petal mixture and refrigerate for a couple hours
- Cut into pieces and serve
PIN for Later:
Thanks for the recipe
Thanks for the recipe…I tried it and it came out great.. I just made a little twist by adding desiccated coconut at the end in the crumbly mix before setting it in the plate
and the same tasted even more yummy…thanks for the idea
This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
So quick, easy and delicious!!! Great recipe!
Thank you, Liz
Thank you, Elizabeth!