This Instant Milk Powder Gulab Peda recipe has less than 5 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to make in microwave. The fudgy and super soft instant gulab peda no cook recipe is all you need to celebrate with your friends and families during the festive season.
Who isn’t stressed when it comes to making Indian desserts?!!! Even something as simple as Kheer, we freak out, thinking about all the detailed steps involved in making the elaborate Indian Festive Sweets. Ugh!! But hey, what if I bring you a store quality peda recipe that requires just 5 minutes of your time yet can bet any store-bought on taste and texture? Seriously!! This gulab peda recipe is made with milk powder and condensed milk and takes literally less than 5 minutes to make and that too in a microwave. 🙂
Even though I would love to make something elaborate for the festive seasons but honestly, I’m time-crunched. Given how limited time I have on hands, given all other chores, I try to come up with ideas and plans to make something quick like these Instant Peda. However, it’s against my policy to compromise on the flavors. So this recipe for Instant no-cook gulab peda is prepared in microwave and believe it or not in less than 5 minutes in total. 🙂
I must have something for Roses. I like the Dried Rose Petals way better than the fresh flowers. Weird, I know.
I bought a bunch of Dried Rose Petals from my last trip to Istanbul and I decided I will make some Rose Peda by using them. The Rose essence paired with crushed rose petals.., bring out such subtle flavors from these instant no cook Rose Peda or Gulab Pedas.
So, What is instant gulab peda?
Gulab Peda or Rose flavored peda are round shaped delicious milk fudge flavored with rose water. Traditionally peda is made with khoya (dried milk solids), sugar and milk and flavored with various nuts or saffron and cardamom. However, in this Instant Gulab Peda recipe, instead of using khoya, I have used condensed milk and milk powder to keep the process super easy.
Who wants to spend hours in kitchen making pedas when you can make instantly in microwave, right? Trust me, this recipe for instant Gulab Peda is going to be your no cook sweet recipe for all the upcoming celebrations.
Other types of Peda
There are various types of peda ranging from Kesar Peda, Malai Peda, Cardamom Peda to Doodh Peda. The primary ingredients of peda is mawa which is nothing but milk solids. Mawa can be found in most indian stores. However in the absence of mawa, you can always use this instant gulab peda recipe to make the pedas that taste exactly like store bought peda but just better.
Ingredients for Instant Gulab Peda Recipe
- Condensed milk. Use any good brand condensed milk. I used Nestle
- Butter. I used unsalted butter
- Milk powder. Again use a good brand, If you live in the USA, use the Bob’s Red mill milk powder or Nestle
- Rose water. Rose water can be found in Indian or middle eastern stores. My all time favorite is: Sadaf
Method of making Instant Gulab Peda
Step 1 – Melt butter in a microwave proof bowl for few seconds
Step 2 – Add milk powder and condensed milk. Mix well so that there are no lumps
Step 3 – Microwave the peda for 1 minute. Take the bowl out and stir well
Step 4 – Again microwave for 1 minute. Take the bowl out and stir 1 tea spoon rose water and a drop of pink color. Mix
Step 5 – Put the bowl back in microwave for 1 more minute. Let the mixture cool for a bit.
Take a bit of the peda mixture in your fingers and try to shape into a small ball. If the mixture doesn’t stick to your fingers and you are able to shape it, that means its ready. If not, then put it back in the microwave for 1 more minute. Mix well and let it cool down for a bit
Step 6 –While the mixture is still warm, grease your palms and start shaping these into pedas
Storing Gulab Peda
Gulab peda can be stored in an air tight container for a week in the refrigerator
How to make instant gulab peda on stove top?
You can make Gulab peda on the stove top as well.
Melt butter in a non-stick pan. Add sweetened condensed milk, milk powder and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps. The mixture will come together as you start cooking in low heat. Make sure to keep stirring continuously.
When the whole mixture comes together, add the rose water and food color and mix well one more time.
Turn off the heat. Cool for 8/10 minutes and then start making peda. Decorate with rose petals.
Instant Gulab Peda Recipe
- 2 cups milk powder US metrics
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- few drops pink color (Optional)
- 1 tbsp rose water
- Dried rose petals for garnishing.
- In a microwave proof bowl add butter (room temperature), milk powder and condensed milk and heat for 1 minute
- Take the bowl out and mix
- Put the bowl back in microwave for 1 more minute.
- Take the bowl out and mix again. Now add the food color and mix well.
- Put the bowl back in microwave for the 3rd time for 1 minute
- Stir the mixture. Add rose water and mix
- Take a bit of mixture in your hand and try to form a ball. If you are able to make a ball without the mixture sticking to your hands, that means the mixture is ready.
- If it sticks to your hands, then put the bowl in the microwave for the 4th time for 1 minute. (This should be your last time but depending on microwaves, this may not also). For me, the mixture was ready on the 4th time.
- Let the peda mixture cool for 10 minutes. But while its still warm, start making the pedas with small balls. Put some butter or Ghee in your palms. Take a spoon of peda mixture and make them into balls rolling between your palms.
- If you have a peda press, you can use to make designs or just press your thumb lightly on the top to make a dent. Use dried rose petals for garnishing.
PIN for Later: