This crisp and clean Lemon Lavender Vodka Cocktail has beautiful floral notes from lavender and citrus notes from fresh lemon. Enjoy this beautiful floral gin cocktail bursting with flavors from lavender and citrus.
WHAT KIND OF LAVENDER TO USE
I love lavender.
Every time, I’m on a walk.., I pick up some lavender from the trails. There is something very alluring and sensual about lavender. However, tempting as it may sound, be careful using these lavender in cooking or missing drinks with. The Lavender plants from the trails can be laden with pesticides and other chemicals.
You have to make sure that the lavender that you are going to use in this lavender cocktail recipe I has to be culinary lavender.
SO, WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FRENCH LAVENDER AND ENGLISH LAVENDER
English lavender is a tad sweeter and more subtle than French lavender. French lavender is actually Provence lavender coming from the Provence region of France. It’s widely regarded as the best French lavender for culinary uses.
I have used the French Lavender that I got from World Market. until of course I go to Provence someday (on my list BTW) 🙂
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS LAVENDER COCKTAIL
- Look at this cocktail! What you think? Stunning, isn’t it?
- Made with homemade lavender syrup.
- An easy happy hour cocktail that everyone will enjoy
- Got a rich floral note.
- Crisp and tart with a floral sweetness
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS LEMON LAVENDER COCKTAIL
- GIN: I have used Hendricks gin for this recipe. Any other brand will work great
- LAVENDER: I have used organic culinary lavender.
- LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP: I have made my own lavender syrup at home which is pretty simple to make. You will need Lavender Sprigs, Water, Sugar to make the syrup.
- LEMON JUICE: Fresh lemon juice
- SODA WATER
HOW TO MAKE THE LAVENDER SYRUP
MAKE THE LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP
Combine water, sugar, and dried lavender in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let syrup steep, about 30 minutes.
Pour syrup into a sterilized glass jar through a mesh strainer to remove blossoms; let cool.
STEPS TO MAKE THE LEMON LAVENDER GIN COCKTAIL
In a cocktail shaker, muddle 1 tsp dried lavender and 1 tbsp simple syrup.
Add gin and lemon juice and fill shaker with ice.
Shake well and strain into cocktail glasses
Top off with a bit of soda water and garnish with a sprig of lavender.
ALTERNATIONS AND TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST LEMON LAVENDER MARTINI
The leftover lavender syrup can be used to make other cocktails, mocktails, coolers or lemonade or even ice pops.
Lavender goes well with honey so feel free to replace the sugar with honey while making the lavender syrup.
The lightest dusting of lavender goes a long way in the kitchen.
The dried lavender has more potency than the fresh ones. 1/2 tsp dried lavender is equal to 2 tsp fresh lavender. So use carefully.
Use fresh or dried buds but beware: The essence gets stronger and more concentrated as it dries.
Instead of gin, you can use vodka in this recipe.
FEW MORE COCKTAILS
Lemon Limoncello Martini
Lemon Lavender Gin Cocktail
FOR LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Culinary lavender
HOW TO MAKE LAVENDER SYRUP
- In a saucepan, heat sugar, water, and lavender. Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the syrup seep for about 30 minutes.
- Once cool, pour the syrup into a glass jar (you can strain or not strain the lavender buds)
LETS MAKE THE LAVENDER COCKTAIL
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lavender and lavender simple syrup
- Add vodka, lemon juice, and ice.
- Shake vigorously. Pour into coupe or martini glasses and top up with some soda water.
- Finish off by sticking a sprig of lavender into the cocktail glass.
- Enjoy responsibly.