Rudyard Kipling had rightly quoted – “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers ”
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there.
My Ma has been my greatest teacher. She taught me how to be compassionate, how to love and most importantly, how to give without expecting anything in return. The older I get, the more appreciative I become of the person, who brought me into this world.
I spent 21 years with my Ma and I got married at the age of 21 and found another Mom – My Mother-in-Law. I wish her a very happy mother’s day to her too for raising a son (ho plays the role of a father, husband, and son – so perfectly.
I started myyellowapron close to a year and a few months ago. I always see, my foodie friends doing round-up and it crossed my mind many-a-times do one for my blog as well, but I kept pushing the idea. Now that Mother’s Day is right around the corner, I wanted to do my very first round-up and dedicate this post to not only my mom but also every mom out there.
Thank you all the amazing food bloggers for your wonderful contributions. You all made this post extra-special.
There are more than 25 recipes including – Savory, Sweets, Cocktails and Mocktails. Enjoy!
- Tandoori Fish Tikka
This Tandoori Fish Tikka is one of my self-created recipes that I have been using for months now. All I do is marinate the fresh fish fillets with Tandoori Masala, yogurt, salt and pepper and using 0 oil.., pan fry them.
Get the Recipe here – https://myyellowapron.com/2017/03/06/tandoori-fish-tikka/
2.Garlic Shrimp and Avocado Crostini –
These crostini are goood. Lots of garlic, tender shrimp coated with smoky spices, creamy avocado, lime, and arugula to add a bit of bite. When I was done taking these photos, the crostini became my dinner. My taste buds and tummy were happy.
Get the Recipe here – http://www.saltandlavender.com/garlic-shrimp-avocado-crostini/
3. Mushroom Fenugreek Leaves Brown RiceBrown rice is rich in fiber and this amazing rice makes a super food if you can toss in some nutritious vegetables and greens.
Get the Recipe here – http://currytrail.in/2016/09/mushroom-fenugreek-leaves-brown-rice/
4. Spicy Seafood Stew Casserole with Tomatoes and LimeIt’s Seafood stew with tomatoes and lime. It has potatoes and carrots for adding more nutrients to the dish. This dish uses very minimal oil and has a perfect balance of spice and tang. So thinking of healthy dishes to include in your menu plan, then this dish is just apt. Go ahead add it to your menu plan, and enjoy the dish.
Get the Recipe here – http://currytrail.in/2016/11/spicy-seafood-stew-casserole-with-tomatoes-and-lime/
5. Tandoori Chicken Crostini Spicy Tandoori Chicken bites are topped on bread and garnished with various toppings.
Get the Recipe here – http://www.spoonforkandfood.com/tandoori-chicken-crostini
6. Vegan Summer Berry Salad with Strawberry Balsamic VinegarWhen summer gives you berries you have to enjoy them to the fullest. Vegan summer berry salad with strawberry balsamic vinaigretteis perfcet for summer. It is gluten-free as well.
7. Beet balls Pasta
A fusion between angie-olio pasta and meatball pasta is this beetballs pasta. Instead of meat, I used beetroots along with lentils to make the balls. And I simply tossed the pasta with olive oil, garlic, onions, oregano, parsley and basil leaf. Added some grated parmesan cheese on top. Served with beetballs, this pasta was not just delicious but was also simple to make.
Get the Recipe here – http://currytrail.in/2016/09/beetballs-pasta/
8. Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Get the Recipe here – http://www.framedrecipes.com/oven-roasted-brussel-sprouts/
9. Vegan Spicy NoodlesTreat yourself tonight to this speedy yet flavor-packed Vegan Spicy Peanut Noodles. A healthy and satisfying one-pot meal that takes 20 minutes to prepare – that much quicker than a takeout and tastes yum and delicious!!
Get the Recipe here – http://www.ruchiskitchen.com/recipe/vegan-spicy-peanut-noodles/
10. Beetroot Falafel
Beetroot Falafel is everything a delicious and healthier meal. Beets are nutrient powerhouses. It is filled with Folate, Fiber, Manganese, Potassium and more. It is Antioxidants, Anti-inflammatory and natural detoxifying
Get the Recipe here – http://www.cookingcarnival.com/beetroot-falafel/
11. Coriander mint chutney braided bread
Coriander mint chutney braided bread is fragrant, soft and subtly spiced with the favorite Indian dip, coriander mint chutney, this braided bread is perfect for your morning breakfast.
Get the Recipe here- http://lapetitchef.in/recipe/coriander-mint-chutney-braided-bread
12. Chicken Malai Seekh Kabab
12. Malabar Prawns Stir Fry
Link to the recipe – http://www.thebigsweettooth.com/2016/08/malabar-chemmeen-roast.html
- Sticky Date Pudding with Rum Caramel Sauce
Nothing can get more decadent than this. Trust me.
2.Homemade Pistachio and Pretzel Chocolate Barks It hardly takes any time say like a maximum of 5 mins excluding the chilling time (maybe 15 minutes max for that) to make these healthy yet tasty chocolate barks for your mom.
Get the Recipe here DIY Homemade Pistachio and Pretzel Chocolate Barks
3. Lemon Cheesecake Brownies