This No Knead Jalapeno Cumin Cheese Bread is an EASY and FOOLPROOF recipe. It’s a breeze to make. Plus, want to impress someone with your culinary skills? This is THE bread to do so. Makes a great conversation starter. All you need to have handy is some good wine and some good butter.
See your friends and family’s face light up with surprise when you serve this warm No Knead Jalapeno cumin cheese bread straight out of oven. They will be impressed with this artisan looking bread that tastes amazing.
I think the hardest part is waiting for the dough to rise over night. Rest is easy.
Have fun making this! Get your partner or kids involved and trust me when I say this, it’s hard to go wrong with this fool proof recipe!
And you must have the soup below to dunk this delicious bread into.
Use this No Knead Cheese Cumin Bread as a sandwich bread or just dip in some olive oil and enjoy as is. Or, spread some of this delicious spicy tomato chutney or garlic chutney
If you ask me, I will slather some of these chutneys on the side and use a few Spicy Lentil and Potato Croquettes to make a yummy and hearty vegetarian sandwich for myself. Yum yum yum!
In this No Knead Jalapeno Cumin Cheese Bread, I didn’t use the spicy jalapenos since my kids can’t eat very spicy food though I LOVE spicy, especially jalapenos. I used canned sweet jalapenos instead. But I think what really elevated the taste of this bread was the cumin cheese that I added in it. I had got this big cheese wheel from Amsterdam and I grated some of it into the dough. If you don’t have cumin cheese, no worries. Use cheddar cheese instead and sprinkle some cumin in the dough. That will do it.
Read more about my trip to Netherlands here. I can’t wait to go back.
Netherlands (Part 1) – Amsterdam: A Photo Diary
Netherlands (Part 2) – Hague, Zaanse Schans, Marken and Delft
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ TSP salt
- 11/2 TSP dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- ¼ cup diced jalapeños
- 1 cup shredded cumin cheese (if you don’t have cumin cheese, use any other cheese). Cumin is optional
- Mix flour, salt and yeast in a big bowl. Then pour in the warm water and stir until completely combined.
- Mix in the jalapenos and cumin cheese. Dough will look messy and not smooth and that is completely okay.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let sit for 12-18 hours. After 18 hours, the dough will look puffy, bubbly and sticky.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heavily flour clean counter top or surface. Transfer the dough onto floured surface and shape into a round ball. Cover lightly with plastic wrap (you can just lay the plastic wrap that you used to cover your large bowl over the top) and let dough rest.
- While the dough is resting, place your dutch oven or baking pot into the oven for 30 minutes to pre-heat. Since I don’t have a dutch oven, I used a normal oven proof deep pot.
- Place ball of dough in the center of the baking pot and cover with lid.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Return uncovered to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes until done. Bread will be golden in color.
Pin for later:
I’ve never tried jalapeno bread. Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing 🙂 If you enjoy dulce de leche or caramel treats, I highly recommend this dessert that I made this weekend 🙂
Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing, love the idea cause I never tried jalapeno bread 🙂