This watermelon jalapeno margarita recipe is all you want for your summer cocktail parties. Fresh watermelon juice muddled with a hint of jalapeno, mixed with tequila, and served in a chili-salt rimmed glass, is an irresistible way to cool down on hot summer days.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Perfect fruity margarita to be enjoyed all summer long
This delicious watermelon cocktail is the epitome of summer. Bursting with fresh flavors and a quick kick from jalapenos, this is the best summer drink ever!
It’s easy to make, refined sugar-free, and delicious.
This Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita is like summer in a glass.
INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS WATERMELON MARGARITA
- Few spoons of chili-salt blend for rimming the glasses.
- 2 cups fresh watermelon
- 1 jalapeno
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1 large lime
- Watermelon wedges to garnish
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE WATERMELON-JALAPENO MARGARITA
STEP 1: MAKE THE CHILI-SALT RUB TO RIM THE GLASSES
Mix the salt and chili powder in a shallow dish
STEP 2: RIM THE GLASSES
Wet the rims by wiping them with a lime wedge, then dip or roll it into the chili salt.
STEP 3: MAKE WATERMELON JUICE
Blend the watermelon cubes with a hand blender or blend them in a mixer.
STEP 4: MUDDLE THE JALAPENO WITH LIME JUICE & TEQUILA
Remove most of the white membrane and seeds to reduce the heat and create a well-balanced flavor.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle few pieces of de-seeded jalapeno with 2 ounces lime juice and 4 oz of tequila
STEP 5: ADD THE WATERMELON JUICE TO THE COCKTAIL SHAKER
Add some ice cubes and watermelon juice to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
STEP 6: POUR INTO THE GLASSES
Strain into glasses, garnish with watermelon slices and enjoy!
- Enjoy this cocktail as a spiked watermelon margarita pop. Blend everything and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds.
- If you don’t want to make it a non-spicy watermelon margarita, then substitute the jalapeno with other fruits that pair well with watermelon and can be muddled in as well – Try blueberries, mango, raspberries, or strawberries.
- Jalapeño simple syrup can also be used.
- Give the margarita an herbal twist. Toss a few basil, mint, or parsley leaves into the shaker when muddling.
- Instead of chili powder, mix the salt with freshly ground black pepper. Try dipping the watermelon garnishes in the salt-pepper blend for a tasty bite.
- If you don’t have fresh watermelon, you can use watermelon juice.
OTHER COCKTAILS YOU MAY ENJOY
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/myyellowapron
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/myyellowapron
Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/myyellowapron
Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita Recipe
- 1 Tbsp chili-salt blend for rimming the glasses.
- 2 Cups 2 cups fresh watermelon
- 1 Jalapeno
- 4 Ounce Tequila
- 2 Ounce Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Watermelon wedges to garnish
RIM THE GLASSESS
- Mix the salt and chili powder in a shallow dish. Wet the rims of your glasses by wiping them with a lime wedge, then dip or roll them into the chili salt.
MAKE WATERMELON JUICE
- Blend the watermelon cubes with a hand blender or blend them in a mixer.
MAKE THE WATERMELON JALAPENO MARGARITA
- Remove most of the white membrane and seeds of the jalapeno to reduce the heat and create a well-balanced flavor.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle a few pieces of de-seeded jalapeno with 2 ounces lime juice and 4 oz of tequila. Add some ice cubes and watermelon juice to the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Strain into glasses, garnish with watermelon slices, and enjoy!
PIN for Later