Tutti Frutti Snack Cake (Vegan)
This Tutti Frutti Snack Cake is vegan and can be enjoyed at any time of the day without much guilt. You don’t need eggs or dairy to make a moist, flavorful cake — and you definitely don’t need to be vegan to enjoy this vegan Tutti Frutti cake either!!!
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch/Cornflour
- 1 Tsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Yogurt mixed with 1 tablespoon Vinegar (white vinegar)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
TUTTI FRUTTI FLAVORING
- 1/2 Cup Tutti Frutti
- 1 tbsp Tutti Frutti to sprinkle on top
- 1 Tbsp Cashew to sprinkle on top
Coat 1/2 cup tutti frutti with 1 tbsp flour and keep it aside
Pre-heat oven to 30 degree F
Prepare your cake tin by greasing it lightly and then lining it with a piece of parchment paper.
MIX THE WET INGREDIENTS
In another bowl, beat sugar, vanilla essence and oil for 2 to 3 minutes till the mixture turns light in color
Add the almond milk and mix
Add the yogurt mixed with vinegar and mix gently
MIX THE DRY INGREDIENTS INTO THE WET INGREDIENTS
BAKE THE TUTTI FRUTTI VEGAN SNACK CAKE
- To get a flat top, put a handful of ice cubes in a small baking tin and place it in the lowest rack, just before you begin baking the cake. The moisture from the melting ice, helps the cake bake evenly, resulting in a flat top.
- Never over mix your batter.
- Also never open the oven door during baking. If you keep opening the oven door, you will let some of the heat out, which will lower the temperature inside, causing the cake to collapse.
- If you use a dark cake tin, lower the temperature to 325 degrees F, so that the cake bakes slowly and evenly. I have used a lighter pan and that why baked at 350 degrees F.
- Always spoon the flour into the cup until it overflows, then level it off with a knife. This will ensure that you have the right amount of flour
- If you plan to use whole wheat flour, then I recommend using whole wheat pastry flour or including equal proportions of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour.
- Skip sugar in the recipe and easily make it with jaggery or coconut sugar or palm sugar. But keep in mind that with these sugars the taste and flavor will be different.
- To make the tutti frutti cake less sweet, you can add ½ or ⅔ cup of sugar if you prefer.