Pistachio Vanilla Sponge Cake
This pistachio vanilla sponge cake is perfect for your tea parties. Made without any artificial flavors or food coloring, moist pistachio cake is made with ground pistachios and vanilla extract. Serve with a dollop of fresh cream or a dust of sugar and you got yourself a nice and delicious treat that's so easy to bake.
- 2 Cups All purpose flour mixed with 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 Cup Raw pistachios pulsed into crumbs
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Nuts for sprinkling on top
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Sugar (white)
- 3/4 Cup Light olive oil extra for coating the cake tin
- 1 Cup Milk (full fat & room temperature)
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 1 TBSP Vanilla extract
Pre heat oven to 350 degree F
Grease your baking tin with some oil and line it with a piece of parchment paper
SIFT THE DRY INGREDIENT
With the help of a flour sifter, sift the all purpose flour, corn flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Keep it aside.
PREPARE THE WET INGREDIENT
In a bowl, beat sugar and oil for 1 minute.
Add eggs one by one and beat till fluffy. NOTE The eggs should be at room temperature.
Add the dry ingredients and mix gently.
Mix in the pistachio crumbs and mix.
Finally stir in the milk. Sprinkle some nuts on top
BAKE THE PISTACHIO VANILLA SPONGE CAKE
- Use any other nuts like almonds, walnuts if you don't have pistachios when you make this sponge cake
- Use a dash of lemon or rose essence to make this a Pistachio Lemon Cake
- This cake can be a base for a great layered and frosted cake.
- Don’t let the batter sit too long before putting it in the oven
- Fold the flour into the mix using a wooden ladle instead of the hand mixer.
- Keep all the cake ingredients in room temperature.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven
- Preheat the oven before you place the cake batter in the oven. It is important to start baking the cake at the right temperature.