Egg Less Date and Nut Loaf Cake
This deliciously moist and spongy date and nut loaf cake can be a lovely addition to your breakfast, dessert, or afternoon snacks. Made with medjool dates and nuts, this simple egg free loaf cake recipe is a life saver when it comes to some mindful snacking!!
- 2 Cups Dates chopped with pits removed (350g)
- 1 Tbsp Baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Sugar (400g)
- 3 Cups All purpose flour or maida (300g)
- 1 Cup Walnuts chopped (150g)
- 2 Cups Boiling water (450g)
- 1/2 Cup Light olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 TSP Vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 9 inch round cake tin. Keep aside.
Place chopped dates in a large bowl and sprinkle with baking soda. Pour boiling water over the dates and let sit until cool.
FOLD THE DRY INGREDIENTS INTO THE WET INGREDIENTS
BAKE THE DATES AND LOAF CAKE